The passive aggressive BF and I have been together almost 10 years. He’s much more passively aggressive than a lot of the people I read about here, but he’s a PA just the same. I consider him to be a smart man. I used to think his smarts were basically concerning sports, but over the years I have learned he’s quite knowledgeable about many, many things. So how come it takes almost 10 yrs. and he still hasn’t learned the following:
- If you leave noodles in water for any length of time after their cooked, they’ll disintegrate?
- That I get angry when he does #1 above?
- If you shut the door to the back yard all the way and you don’t have a pet door, the dog will pee and poop by the door?
- If you stand intimidatingly in front of the dog and stare him down, it does not stop him from barking at you?
- If you don’t put the little basket that catches food back in the drain after you clean the sink, food will go down the drain, clog it up, and you will have to take it apart?
- If you want any kind of affection or physical contact (sex) sometimes you have to be the one to initiate it?
This is just the beginning of the list. I’m sure there are more, but I can’t think of them right now. I’m sure glad it didn’t take my kids almost 10 yrs. to learn if they touched a hot stove it would burn. I would have put them in “special ed”.
I wanted to mention here, John Shore over at JohnShoreLand is posting a great series of 7 Reasons Why Women Stay With Bad Men. You may find it very uplifting and provide a little strength if you’re in such a need.
Filed under: abuse, causes, coping, hidden feelings, mental health, passive aggressive behavior, passive aggressive spouse, personality disorders | Tagged: behaviour problems, coping skills, coping with a passive aggressive, dealing with passive aggressive peopl, games passive aggressives play, mental health, passive aggressive boyfriend, passive aggressive personality, passive aggressive relationships, passive aggressive spouse, personality disorders |